Lead Operations & Maintenance
The Lead Program has been established to maintain a safe and healthy work environment for Emory University students, staff, visitors, and contractors. Lead materials will be managed according to applicable federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines. The objectives of the program are:
- Inspection of target housing and child-occupied facilities prior to performing activities that may disturb lead-based paint.
- Consultation on safe work practices related to construction projects that impact lead-containing materials.
- Coordination and provision of project oversight on lead paint abatement projects.
- Provision of waste characterization and disposal for projects occurring in Emory's facilities.
- 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.1001
- Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992 (Section 1018 of Title X)
- 29 CFR 1926.62 (current)
- A Brief Summary Of Georgia Environmental Protection Rules For Lead-Based Paint Georgia's Lead-Based Paint Waste Disposal Requirements
- Rules of Solid Waste Management, Chapter 391-3-4